Found on freshpreserving
If you love tacos, you will want to keep this taco sauce on hand. Follow the easy directions and preserve with water bath canning.
Makes about 6 (8 oz) half pints
YOU WILL NEED:
* 5 cups water
* 3 cups tomato paste (about 2 12-oz cans)
* 1 cup cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup corn syrup
* 2 Tbsp chili powder
* 1 Tbsp salt
* 1 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce * 6 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
1. PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
2. COMBINE water, tomato paste, vinegar, corn syrup, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper and hot pepper sauce in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened to the consistency of a thin commercial barbecue sauce, about 30 minutes.
3. LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
4. PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 30 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.