Mint Cherry Rhubarb Jam
Found on puttinupwitherin
Yield: 5 half pints
* 5.5 cups of rhubarb (chopped)
* 2 cups of pitted cherries
* 3 cups sugar
* 3 lemons (juiced)
* 1 small bunch of mint
1. In a large-sized, non-ionized pot combine rhubarb, cherries, sugar, mint, and lemon juice. Stir to make sure sugar coats everything. Set aside for 30-45 minutes.
2. Heat pot over low-medium heat and bring to a bubble. Bubble for 7-10 minutes until rhubarb has broken down. Boil for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Remove mint.
4. Ladle jam into hot sterilized jars leaving approx. 1/4 inch headspace.
5. Wipe rims, apply lids and rings (finger tight). Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
6. Remove jars from canner, let cool atop a folded towel on the counter for 12-24 hours.