Bacon Strawberry Mint Jam
found on queer in the kitchen
makes 2 cups
* 1 pound thick-cut bacon, cooked and drained, crumbled once cooled
* 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
* 1 cup white onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
Combine all ingredients except mint in a large skillet over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring, for 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1-1½ hours, stirring occasionally until a jam-like consistency is formed.
Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor with mint leaves and pulse until well combined. Can be stored refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks. It will be long gone before you have to worry about it going “bad”.