Chocolate Blueberry Jam
Found on puttinupwitherinYield: 4 half pints
* 30oz blueberries (I used frozen)
* 1-1/2 cup white sugar
* 3-1/4 tsp fruit pectin
* 6oz semi sweet dark chocolate
* 6-1/2 ml orange juice
* 2/3 juice of 1 lemon
* 2/3 juice of 1 lime
1. In a medium-sized, non-reactive pot, combine sugar and blueberries (if you use frozen blueberries use the juices too.)
2. Squish the blueberries as you cook with a masher or fork and stir occasionally. Cook for about 10-12 minutes till the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the entire mixture through a fine mesh strainer or sieve and process to remove all the blueberry skins.
3. Pour the blueberry syrup back into a clean pot and bring it a gentle simmer. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the chocolate chips, lemon and orange juices to the blueberry juice. Stir continuously (to ensure the chocolate doesn't burn) for 15 minutes.
4. Add the pectin to the mixture and mix until it is completely dissolved. Perform the wrinkle test or spoon test to make sure that the jam is ready to set.
5. Pour the jam into 4 clean 1/2 pint jars and process for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from hot water bath and let set over night on a folded towel.